3752 Giles Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63116
St. Louis Mennonite Fellowship As I sign this covenant to become a member of the St. Louis Mennonite Fellowship, I commit myself to Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord, giving allegiance to him and his church. I challenge myself to grow as a responsible disciple of Christ in the ministries of the church and as a servant to all people. Personal Discipleship. To ensure that I grow as a responsible disciple of Christ in the "communities" in which we live, study, and work, I shall
- Study the Bible, both on my own and with others, regarding the Bible as the trustworthy guide for our shared discipleship.
- Join in the fellowship's journey--in the course of a shared study of the Bible --to determine the Lord's purposes for our life together.
- Practice regular prayer to God in thanksgiving, petition (asking for help or guidance for myself), and intercession for (praying on behalf of) others.
- Worship regularly in the fellowship of the church.
Earthly Community Discipleship. Because we are Christian pilgrims on this earth, I recognize myself as a citizen in Christ's eternal kingdom that rises above all temporary, earthly kingdoms. This kingdom rises, too, above all superficial divisions of gender, race, sexual orientation, and culture, and the temporary bonds of worldly organizations and bureaucracies. Therefore, I shall:
- Reject all forms of retaliation and warfare. In staying true to this higher loyalty, I will strive to be a peacemaker in interpersonal and intergroup disputes.
- Strive to life frugally and honestly as a responsible Christian steward of the time, talents, and economic resources given to me in relation to the costly mission of the church and the desperate needs of an impoverished world.
Faith Community Discipleship. I affirm that every believer, including me, carries the responsibilities of mutual spiritual teacher and nurturer within the body of Christ. Therefore, I shall:
- Welcome the opportunity to provide this Christian nurturing for all members and our children, as well as any other ministries that Christ gives us.
- Strive to submit myself to the prayerful guidance of my fellow believers; we shall all, in turn, strive to remain faithful to our Lord.
As a symbol of my entrance into this covenant on this day, I sign this covenant. Each year, from now on, I will review this covenant during a service of membership recommitment and renewal.